meltem

meltem

The Love of My (Other) Life - Traci L. Slatton I have a confession to make. I've read fan-fiction. Not as much as it used to be but I still am. Most of them was erotica, and I liked them. But reading erotic fan-fictions made me loose my ability to read erotic novels. I don't know why but I can't stand reading steamy scenes in novels. So imagine my disappointment when I saw this cover and imagine my joy when I realized this book isn't an erotica. I shouldn’t have judge the book by its cover!Tessa Barnum is a starving artist. Her husband left, she's broke and one day a homeless man approaches her and claims they are married. In an alternate universe, of course *d'uh* Tessa doesn't believe him and wants him out of her life but he has "five days, four hours, and twenty-two minutes left" and until then he has no interests in to go anywhere else...I really enjoyed this book. Much better than I expected. The romance in the book is sweet and has a creative, geeky plot. I found the book well written and I read it quite quickly. Characters are captivating and the story is very intriguing. My only problem with this book is the story felt a little rushed. But I was surprised with the end, I didn't quite see it coming and I loved the little twists and turns. This is a good book that keeps you fascinated until the end. I will probably read more by this author.I received a review copy from the publisher for an honest review.